Friday, December 14, 2012

Patrick's little brother will be here anytime!

My pregnancy with Patrick was overall good, and as lucky as I could consider myself with that pregnancy, this one has been even better! Both pregnancies have been different from each other, not crazy different, but definitely not the same. I think this baby moves more than Patrick ever did (which isn't so great when you are trying to sleep) but he doesn't get hiccups as Patrick did. With Patrick I had nausea 2+ months, but with this baby I only had nausea 3 days, literally. I feel like baby was telling me "hey, I'm here, you are pregnant!" because once I took the pregnancy test at the third day, the nausea disappeared.




Can you find my belly?
The first couple months I couldn't help but to wonder whether the new addition would also have Oculomotor Apraxia and low muscle tone. I also wondered if it would be worst than Patrick's (genetic testing was suggested to us at some point during Patrick's many evaluations but we just never did, because chances were low). By my husband's wise suggestion, I eventually stopped worrying about it. Also, Patrick has improved a lot in the last few months, so I'm feeling "prepared" and "knowledgeable" on how to tackle the baby's health issues if he has OMA or Hypotonia... but, I'm not really thinking/worrying about it, and that is great.

We have been telling Patrick about the baby but we are not sure he understands what's going on. He points at baby stuff like baby clothes and the baby swing and he says "bebe" meaning he knows it belongs to the baby (as we have told him before). One day we were laying down in bed, and then he touched my belly and said "bebe". Yes! He finally got it, he knows there is a baby in my belly! But right after, he proceeded to pull up his shirt, pointed at his belly and said "bebe". No, Patrick, there is no "bebe" in your belly, just in mine. So we are back to zero. Can't wait to see how he will act once baby is finally here!


We had to put away Patrick's small toys because he likes to throw them around, and he hits hard! We were concerned about the baby being hit by accident so by the suggestion of his speech therapist, all the little, hard things have been put away until he learns to stop throwing. Speaking of the speech therapist, he has had 3 therapies already, but none have really focused on speech, but rather on his behavior. Remember my post about how sweet and smiley Patrick was? Well, he is now a destroyer/hitter/screamer boy. The past month has been difficult (maybe is because he actually knows that soon he won't be the only one?) but thanks to the therapist's suggestions he has been getting significantly better. I will talk more about this in another post.

I have pretty much everything ready for baby's arrival. Baby is full term now, but due date is December 24th. I'm so excited. Doctor said they won't let me go beyond December 30th, but I don't want him to be induced, so I'm praying that he comes on his own before then. Prayers are welcome! He will be named after his grandpas, full disclosure of the name when he gets here! If you know Tim's dad's name and my dad's name, well, you already know the baby's name!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a question or a message!