Monday, July 15, 2013

January-April Recap

When I wrote the recap for May and June, I realized I hadn't written one since the beginning of the year. So here it is:

March:

Ha! I don't even remember what happened on January and February, other than being sleep deprived thanks to the newborn/toddler combo.

So, March:
The first week of March, we drove to Northwest Indiana to visit Tim's parents, and then drove to St. Louis to visit Tim's sister and the extended family. Patrick has a memorable picture with Tim, his dad, and his grandfather, making it a 4 generations of Williamson men. Now that Robbie has joined the family, we had to get the 4-generations picture again.

4 generations!
Patrick being silly with Great Grandpa Williamson

We took our dog Lobo on the road trip with us, and he was surprisingly very well behaved. It was also the first snow experience for Robbie, here is a video.


The kids with daddy and Nana

Patrick enjoyed eating the delicious desserts that grandma "nana" baked for us. We all put a few pounds on.



Tim was a best man at a friend's wedding, who also happened to be the best man at our wedding. The wedding was in Indianapolis and we had a really good time. The kids stayed at the hotel with the grandparents and their aunt.

The bride and groom
Tim giving the toast -the speech was great!

Tim with our friend Aric and the groom.
 April:

I grew up in a small town called Lagunas, in the state of Oaxaca in Mexico. Lagunas is one of those cities that are built after a company settles there. The cement factory Cruz Azul settled there in the 1940s, and since then began to build a city for its employees. Houses, schools, churches, stores, recreational areas... about 95% of what Lagunas is today, was built by Cruz Azul. My family works for the cement company (as does about everyone who lives there) so I was born and raised there. Cruz Azul has a soccer team. Soccer is big in Mexico, and Cruz Azul happens to be one of the big teams there, often making it to the finals. I mention all this because I used to play soccer (middle school through university) and I miss it so much I can't wait for my kids to be old enough to play with me. In the meantime, we are content to just watch the matches every now and then. Cruz Azul was in a couple of tournaments this year, winning one in April, which was the perfect excuse for everyone in the house to wear their jerseys!

Team Cruz Azul!
Other than that, we were pretty much at home busy with the 2 kiddos, and every now and then with 3, as I have been babysitting a friend's baby. He (yes, another boy!) is just 3 weeks younger than Robbie, which is perfect because they play together, and Patrick loves having him around, too. We get to see him once or twice a month, so at least every month we get our baby Sam dose.

Planning a strike?

--
If you are here for the developmental delays info and such, stay tuned for my next post, this is my last family-related story in a little while.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a question or a message!