Thursday, July 11, 2013

May Recap (Baptism, Disney and family visit)

Here is the family Recap for May:

We celebrated Robbie's Baptism. The Ceremony was held at St. Louis Catholic Church, and the reception was held at the Stone Mansion. It was a good time. We were specially happy to have my parents and brother (coming from Mexico) and Tim's parents and sister (coming from the Midwest) joining us for the celebration.
Robbie in his Christening gown
The proud grandmothers!
Have I ever mentioned that the first time I came to the U.S. was as an Au pair? It was almost 7 years ago, right after I finished college. As an Au pair, I had the blessing of taking care of two adorable children. They and their parents are truly wonderful people, and despite that I only lived with them for 1 year, they treat me and mines as their family, so to make it more "official" we asked the mom, Melanie, to be Robbie's Godmother*. From Tim's side, we chose the Godfather*, Mike, who is one of Tim's best friends. I have probably mentioned him and his nice family a number of times on my posts, when I refer to "our friends from New Jersey" (also Patrick's Godparents are our friends from NJ). Robbie's Godfather and his family will soon become "our friends from PA" as they are moving to a beautiful house there in the next few weeks.

The Priest, Tim, Melanie, Mike and Robbie.
After the Baptism, we drove to Orlando with my parents and brother. They wanted to go to Disney and we couldn't say no, of course. I've been wanting to go to Universal Studios to check out the Harry Potter castle and all, so the first day of park visits, that's where we went. There was nothing for Patrick and Robbie to enjoy there, because they are too young, so it was more of a park visit for Tim and I than for the kids. We will make sure to take them back to the Disney parks when they are at least 6 years old.

Mommy and Patrick about to get eaten

We stayed at the Orange Lake Resort (a good friend of us had time share there and was kind enough to let us use it). The cabana was spacious and the hotel was huge, but the best part was the lazy river, where Tim, the kiddos and I spent the second day (while my family was at Epcot -Tim and I have been there before), with breaks to eat and rest at the hammocks. I know, I want to go back like... tomorrow -today is not a possibility since I still would need to pack everyone's suitcases.

Robbie is underneath the white hat!
My kiddos chilling... Jeez, I can't believe I have two boys!

The third day we went to visit some family members in Tampa, while my parents were at Magic Kingdom (of all parks, they said this was the best by far, so now I can't wait to visit) while we were in Tampa, we ate at Columbia, a Spanish restaurant that claims to be Florida's oldest Restaurant. The food was great!

Robbie with his third cousin, Carolyn
Patrick is a people's person (specially if they are blond)

Having both sets of grandparents in town during the Baptism weekend, we decided to get some professional photos by Peter Stepanek at the Glenview Mansion. It was a good time and we got many cute pictures, here are a couple of them.

The whole family!
Auntie Cath with the kids
My boys
It sure was a busy end of the month!

*For Church purposes, we can only select one Godfather, and one Godmother. Traditionally, someone chooses one from the mom's side, and the other one from the dad's side. However, we consider both sets of couples as Robbie's godparents (so for us, he has two Godfathers and two Godmothers) we did the same with Patrick.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a question or a message!